Luxury product journalism
Editorialist.com, a luxury product journalism site, is seeking talented freelance writers who can help tackle a variety of assignments across its fashion, beauty, and lifestyle verticals.
We’re looking for writers who can deliver smart, original, and informative takes. While excellent editorial may sometimes manifest as product roundups, we’re looking for writers who can just as easily go deep, whether it’s in the form of a single product deep-dive or a multi-product comparison, or elucidating rising trends via expert interviews, or helping us declare the next big trend or product.
You’re an ideal freelancer if:
– You’ve got a strong point of view about the category and its major players
– You bring a refreshing spin on the luxury category by bringing honest, inspirational, and deeply-researched insights to the finer things in life
– You’re articulate about why you like a product or brand—or why you don’t
– You’re a methodical product tester, able to report on the attributes you’re considering while evaluating
– You believe luxury products are about obsessive details, and convey those nuances in an engaging manner
– You believe imagery can help tell a story, and have an eye for upscale stock imagery and design suggestions
– You’ve got some contacts within the industry
– You’ve got a playful sense of humor
What you’ll do:
– Pitch and write original stories
– Light photo research and sourcing
– Occasionally work on an update, if we’ve got one in your wheelhouse
– Work with our editors to develop formats, franchises, and testing protocol
– Identify commerce opportunities across valued trends and brands
What you have:
– Exceptional writing skills
– A passion for fashion, beauty, or lifestyle offerings and products
– An understanding of SEO best practices
– At least 2-3 years of digital-first editorial experience
– Collaborative and open to feedback in pursuit of pushing content to new heights
What’s Editorialist YX?
We’re a luxury product journalism organization sharing coveted ideas, concepts, and products from the market. We provide exhaustive, intelligent, trend-forward coverage from our niche corners of the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle sectors. Editorialist.com, our media property, delivers sophisticated content and commerce to aspirational and affluent consumers. Our stories connect readers with bespoke product and service solutions for fashion, beauty, and lifestyle needs. The cornerstone of our tech platform—the YX app—blends content, digital services, and e-commerce for our elite clientele, individuals with an average net worth in excess of $550 million.
Email us a link to your portfolio and let us know what categories—and the kinds of stories—you’d be interested in writing about. Please share any information about your rates, too.
* * *
Want to be the one to get hired?
Explore the best Copywriting & Editing Jobs. Browse all online, freelance, remote jobs on Maroon Oak!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org