The Sill is looking for a Director of Brand Marketing to lead and develop best-in-class, customer-centric brand campaigns and activations that support our business goals. The Director will create integrated marketing campaigns that communicate The Sill’s brand essence and value proposition with compelling clarity, and through a channel-specific lens, that position the brand for long-term growth.
The Sill has the makings of a world-class brand – an inspiring origin story, beautiful products inspired by biophilic design, passionate customers and a talented, hard-working team. The Director of Brand Marketing role is an incredible opportunity to continue to shape this brand as market leader and a category disruptor.
Success will be measured by: brand awareness, organic traffic to TheSill.com and our five brick and mortar shops, community engagement and new product adoption. Shared organizational KPIs include net promoter score and topline sales – a shared KPI amongst the organization.
The team is working remotely at this time but the role is based in the greater New York City area.
Reporting & Team
This role reports into the VP of Marketing and oversees the following functions: brand and content strategy, editorial and public relations, social media, community-building and events. To start, you will have 3 direct reports, our: Editorial Lead, Experiential Marketing Manager and Social Media & Production Coordinator.
This is a highly cross-functional role and will collaborate closely with other business functions such as: Creative, Lifecycle Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Procurement, Planning, and Procurement teams.
Areas of Responsibility
- Leverage foundational brand strategy and insight work to translate the brand mission and vision into actionable 360 integrated marketing campaigns that drive both customer acquisition and retention through a robust marketing calendar, including:
- Brand narratives that educate, inspire, and create meaningful engagement
- Brand partnerships
- Public relations – earned and affiliate
- Content creation – owned and paid channels
- Social media and influencer marketing
- Community activations
- Local store marketing
- Partner with Merchandising to understand new product launch plans and create go-to-market product launch strategies, ensuring new product positioning is both differentiating and easy to understand
- Set our social media strategy, including objectives and growth KPIs for each existing channel and identifying new channels, to ensure channel-specific communications and engagement
- Own customer insight work, market research and data analysis to better understand our customer, close customer insight gaps and articulate customer needs and opportunities to inform brand campaigns
- Serve as the strategist for brand campaigns and creative expression – create strong briefs with a clear creative strategy, and oversee the creation of assets to ensure it delivers on the campaign vision
- Identify and secure brand partnership opportunities that support business objectives and serve as efficient and meaningful customer acquisition and retention drivers
- Operationalize the annual marketing and new product launch calendar within the team – setting goals and KPIs, managing execution and tracking ongoing performance across monthly, seasonal and annual marketing campaigns
- Partner with VP, Retail to develop local marketing plans in support of new market expansion and existing market growth
- Routinely share marketing strategies and plans, program results and learnings, and relevant industry trends with the broader organization
- Serve as a thought leader to the VP, Marketing, as well as serving as a key partner to other functional leaders across the business to further The Sill’s brand equity
- Inspire and motivate the Brand team, promoting a high-performance yet fun environment that values speed and quality, creative exploration, innovation, & continuous learning
- Manage and mentor direct reports; foster a learning environment by setting and communicating goals and metrics, monitoring progress, and providing ongoing coaching and feedback to reinforce and reward behaviors that raise the bar, drive high performance and professional fulfillment
- Effectively manage the brand marketing budget and traffic/sales KPIs in partnership with Lifecycle Marketing and Finance
- Stay up-to-date on the media landscape and social media technologies to educate and inform team approach
- 10 years of in-house brand marketing experience, or agency strategy/account planning experience for D2C consumer products or services
- Direct experience overseeing brand strategy, community and events, public relations and social media teams
- Ability to extract insights from multiple data sources, and make informed decisions that balance the art and science required to build a lasting brand
- Skilled in solving complex brand and communications challenges in simple, meaningful ways, and know how to bring consumer insights to life
- Strong ability to translate product, trend and merchandising details into unique marketing narratives
- Highly self-motivated and will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams toward common goals; 5 years of management experience
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail, without losing sight of the big picture
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can be adapted for audiences at all levels across the organization
- Able to juggle multiple, and sometimes, conflicting priorities and needs
- Ability to identify significant opportunities & risks across departments and drive to solutions
- A passion for plants is a plus!
Want done-for-you Action Statements to add to your Resume, Linkedin and to customize for specific job applications?
Real bosses and clients share the top qualities that get you hired and recommended.
- Company contribution to medical and dental
- Company paid short term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Unlimited discretionary time off, with 2-week minimum
- Access to vision, 401k, long term disability and discounted gym memberships
- Access to commuter benefits, HSA and other tax advantages
- Company cell phone or stipend provided
About The Sill
Biophilic design for the naturally curious.
At The Sill, we offer new ways to infuse nature into as many everyday rituals as possible through biophilic design, increasing your connectivity to the natural world. In the past year, we’ve gained a new perspective on the spaces we inhabit: our homes, our offices, our home-offices! Tending and cultivating all these places offers a chance to reflect, restore and transform for the better.
Kick-started in 2017, we are backed by over $15M in institutional venture capital from first-class investors including Brand Foundry Ventures, The Chernin Group, 2X Consumer Products Growth Partners and Raine Ventures.
Apply at the button below
* * *
Want to be the one to get hired?
Explore the best Virtual Assistant, Content Creation & Social Media Marketing Jobs. Browse all online, freelance, remote jobs on Maroon Oak!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.