Your book selling game plan
Book Launchers is looking for copywriters, who love crafting concise copy that grabs attention and captivates the reader.
The challenge of taking all the material in a book and writing compelling copy for the cover sounds fun. And, you delight in the idea of taking a boring old author bio and making it sizzle and shine.
If that sounds like you, and you’re either experienced in writing marketing materials for authors, or you’ve written some pretty compelling product copy in the past, we’d love to hear from you.
What is your role?
You will be an external and independent contractor – our copywriter on call.
Your primary point of contact will be our Book Marketing Manager, but your ultimate job is to delight our customers by making their ideal readers buy their book with your brilliant copy!
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs and professionals to publish high-quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties. We provide the team and the guidance to help our authors not only write and publish but also to achieve their business objectives through their book. It’s not just about selling books (although we help guide them through how to sell books too!). It’s about using a book to build a business, boost a brand, become a recognized expert all while sharing valuable expertise and experience with others.
Your role is important because you’ll be helping us ensure our authors can achieve their goal and putting their book in readers’ hands.
Our process has five phases:
- Pen to Paper (Writing Your Book)
- Process (Editing)
- Publishing (Design, Layout, & Set Up with Printing and Distribution)
- Platform (Building the business around the book including website, social media, and other services offered around the book)
- Promote (Selling the book).
You’ll play a very important role in the Publishing and Promotion phases.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Write book cover copy – see video in link below.
- Craft an amazing Author Bio – It’s really hard for a lot of authors to know what are the most interesting and intriguing pieces of information to include in the ‘About the Author’ sections of their Good Reads Page, Amazon Author Page, and inside their book cover. Your job is to uncover the gold and make it shine so everyone wants to hear what this person has to say.
- Author Website Copy – every book project will be a little different, but from time to time we’ll need a little extra copy to use in helping our authors develo their author websites.
- Draft press releases and create copy for press kits – we are expanding our service to include press releases and need help writing great copy to get the attention of online news sources.
Every project has a timeline so we will have a rough idea of when we’ll need you so you can plan your schedule accordingly, but as our copywriter on call, we do ask that you provide the first draft of all copy requested within 3 business days, and revisions and final drafts within 2 business days of receiving the author’s input. If this sounds good to you please include samples of your work (as appropriate to the position as possible) when you apply using the form linked below.
Head over to the ‘button below and complete the form and upload your proposal!
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them.
You can apply at Button below!
* * *
Want to be the one to get hired?
Explore more freelance, online writing jobs – for Moms and VAs. Browse & Post Opportunities on Maroon Oak!
To apply for this job please visit booklaunchers.com.